Monday, July 18, 2016

For Frankie

It is quite the task to capture a person in a poem. For each member of my team I composed a poem for their birthday in which I attempted this. I hope you enjoy!




For Frankie


‘’If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.” - Maya Angelou


If  I had to pick a word,
Just one.
Would it encompass and project…
All that needs to be heard?
----I dare not even try.


So I’ll begin with your smile and end with your heart.
Both edified as moments pass,
A reflection of the savior, pushing against the dark.


A flash of a smile, so sweet and ever so kind.
Never fails to leave a silly moment unshared
Or a laugh untold.
It shines,
with the radiance of God
It comforts,
It rejuvenates,
It spreads,
All for the sake of love, it permeates.


What would we do without that smile?
I am sure the moment we knew,
Seconds would be hours and mere inches miles.
So your radiance we need never lose,
Just to be Frank with you!


The works of your heart, cannot easily be dismissed.
It flows with the ticks of time.
Reaching out it covers,
A tiny snapshot of the sublime.
Warmth.
An image of the Father, it shimmers in gold--
One’s restful refuge from the storm. .


Your Hearts’ Beats
Breaks
Barriers.
Never failing to reveal its strength
Found in the Father.
An active projection,
Its purpose shall not be tamed.  .

So, Take these Two Hundred and Twenty-two.
Cause just one could not suffice.
Place them on your heart,
let that smile shine full and bright.
For it shows where the Spirit of God resides.

-SH

No comments:

Post a Comment